Try these Ultimate Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies. I love the light brown crispy edges, the gooey chocolate chips, and the soft, warm inside…
Created by earthlyedible on August 26, 2016
These cookies are super simple to make, and the result is ooey, gooey, chewy goodness. The best part? If you like your cookies a little on the crispy side, just bake for another 2 minutes and let them cool. Scrumptious!
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Total Time: 20m
- Yield: 50 cookoes
- 1 cup (8 oz or 2 sticks) vegan butter, such as Earth Balance
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raw cane sugar
- 1/4 cup nut milk, such as cashew milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups unbleached flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 ounces dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts, or nut of choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat together softened butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add nut milk and vanilla extract and mix until well incorporated, mindfully scraping the bowl as you go.
- Add flour, salt and baking soda. Mix until well incorporated and dough has formed. Switch to a spoon and fold in chocolate chips and nuts.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, scoop out tablespoons of dough and place on sheet about 1-2" apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes until edges are light golden brown.
- Once done, cool cookies for at least 5 minutes before moving to another surface. Enjoy with a glass of cold cashew milk, or just shove as many in your face at once as possible!
- I had some leftover dough after running out of room on my two baking sheets, so I rolled it in some parchment paper, stuck it in a freezer bag and now I take a few bites when I'm craving sugar and it satisfies it every time!
Did you make this recipe? Let me know! Comment below or tag me in a pic on Facebook and Instagram @earthlyedible ❤︎